Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Kid Moments

So fun to be a mother! I'm enjoying the many moments that come with caring for precious little kids. Here are some recent ones from this week:

 Tonight, as I was getting Emma in her pjs, I heard James pounding in the other room. When I came to see just what, this is what I found:



My Goodness!! The little stinker! He can't even walk, but here he is up on the TV stand, and not even one year old. And so it begins . . . :)

This morning, Emma went to her first day of preschool!!  



It was no big deal for her, she wasn't nervous or shy. Just happy to be learning and playing with other kids. I'm so excited for all that she's going to learn, socially and intellectually.

Finally, my last moment is the most precious. Yesterday, I took the kids with my in-laws to see the Brigham City Temple open house. Unfortunately, it was Labor Day, and the wait to get in took three hours. It was like "outer darkness" as my brother-in-law said, and I was worried that Emma wouldn't get anything out of it, even after a special FHE about temples the day before. When we FINALLY got to walk through, it was wonderful. The spirit was tangible, and despite being her three-year-old self, Emma was exceptionally reverent. I tried to tell her about a few things as we walked past, like the baptismal font, the sealing room, and the celestial room. This morning, on our drive to preschool, we shared the following conversation:

"Mom, what was that temple yesterday?"
"The Brigham City Temple?"
"Yeah. My favorite part was the sparkles [chandeliers in the celestial room] and the kneeling room [sealing room]."
"You mean the celestial room where we get kneel at an altar to be married?"
"Yeah. I wish I could do that when I'm bigger."
"You can. If you keep the commandments, you can get married in the temple when you're bigger."
"And when I'm bigger, I want to do that, and I really want to kneel with James and hold his hand because I really love James, and I want to be with him forever. Can I please, please marry James when I'm bigger?"

Perhaps one of the most precious moments of my life.

1 comment:

Joel & Megan said...

Oh my goodness I LOVED reading this! I can't believe that JAMES IS CLIMBING! AHH!!! And Emma looked ABSOLUTELY ADORABLE for her first day of Preschool. We absolutely LOVED going to the Open House with you. Thank you for sharing that precious conversation you and Emma had in the car. So Wonderful!