Emma started up preschool just after Labor Day, and she's loving it! When we first talked to her about it, and informed her that it was going to be a lot larger than the preschool she attended last year, she had a few reservations. However, the day before school started, Emma, James, and I went to an open house where we had a look around, and helped ourselves to some refreshments (lots of donut holes, thank you, James!). After that, she was ready to go!
The official first day, as I dropped her off to begin the school year, she gave me a big hug, said, "I love you, Mommy!" and ran in without turning back. I was a little sad that she didn't look back, but I'm grateful she had a wonderful day. James was excited, too . . .
until he realized he didn't make the cut:
Poor kid, cried his heart out: "James go preschool, too!!!" Weeks later, he's still saying that every time we drop her off. And, while we're out and about, he'll ask, "Where Emma go?" or "Go find Emma." It's really sweet.
Just to illustrate how their love runs deep: This week, while Andrew and Emma were talking, they somehow came upon the topic of how Andrew and I decided to marry. Emma had lots of questions and Andrew explained to her that when she's older, she can find someone who she has a lot in common with, someone who she wants to spend her life with, someone she loves. Emma declared, "I already know who I want to marry, Daddy. James! I want to be with him forever!"





No comments:
Post a Comment