Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Six Weeks

Sunday marked our sixth week with Emma in our lives, and what a wonderful six weeks they have been. To celebrate, Emma slept through the night on Saturday. I'm talking no middle-of-the-night feeding and 7-8 hours of sleep. Way to go Emma! She is starting to lose the newborn feel (which breaks my heart) and is smiling a lot, especially in the mornings (video forthcoming). She is a doll and a joy in our home.

Here's her picture at 5 weeks, her very first time wearing a dress. We were practicing for the next week (week 6) when she would actually go to church:



Here are her 6 week pictures (I couldn't pick just one!). My mom gave me a box of clothes that belonged to me, so the dress she is wearing is a dress I wore when I was a baby. We took her to church and she slept the entire time. For months, I've been looking forward to coming to church with my precious little baby. It was so special to hold her in my arms, having her dressed in my dress and wrapped in the quilt Mom made for her. Thanks Mom!



6 comments:

Joel & Megan said...

Emma is getting SO BIG!!! She looks so cute in these pictures! I love them!!!

Grandma Jean said...

This little Emma is so adorable----Your blog is fantastic --Gr, Jean

Mary Pugh said...

UH HEllO! Mini Megan! SO CUTE!

Alyssa said...

Megan, little Emma is so adorable! I just can't get enough of her and I just eat up every picture. She truly is such a doll--so beautiful! I see Warren in her, but I definitely see a lot of Lindsay and a LOT of Megan.

Natalie said...

Time flies I can't believe she is already 6 weeks. She is a doll!

Shari said...

It is so precious to me to see her in that sweet pink dress that you wore!!! What a sweet experience for you!