Monday, January 18, 2010

Double Whammy

I was on my way to Walmart when I made the discovery of the week: a sign announcing the opening of a Target in October. Huzzah! I have been waiting for something like this my whole adult life. I live 13.7 miles away from the nearest Target, and having grown up only 2.2 miles away, it's been a hard adjustment. I couldn't help but squeal with delight imagining all the errands I can run to this new location, it'll open just in time for Christmas shopping. Perhaps my first errand will be to make a return that I've been putting off due to the discouraging distance between me and the Fort Union Super Target; who knows, maybe I'll still have it sitting in my trunk.

To top things off, a block away from this new-found gem, I discovered a do-it-yourself car wash for $1. It was pretty exciting to hold the power blaster of a gun and spray down my car. For a buck that lasted two minutes and six seconds, it did a pretty good job, and with the old towel we keep in the trunk, I was able to polish up our 94 Saturn pretty nice.

Yeah, it's been a good day.

2 comments:

Mary Pugh said...

I honestly couldn't live without Target. I am so happy for you!

Bruce said...

Good things come to those who wait!
Bring on Tarjay!

Love ya,