If you know me, you know I love to bake. This time of year is full of baked sweets and we've had fun baking them! It stared with strudel at the Warrens. Ever year since his mission, Andrew's dad has made apple strudel. It's a big family tradition. The cooks of Austria pass their examinations if they can roll out the dough to be thin enough to read a newspaper through it. I'd say Kelly's pretty good. Emma had a lot of fun at her first strudel night.



Thanks Grandpa Kelly!
Next, my mom invited us over to make gingerbread cookies. I'd actually never done it before, and I really enjoyed it, especially the dough!
Mom with her grandsons:
I love this picture!
Emma helped, too.

This kid is such a "poser," like his mom says!

And now for the frosting:

Besides that fact that I look at the camera the second time, can you find something different between these two photos?
Finally, I baked loaves and loaves of bread for Christmas. That was also fun; more fun when the loaves rose enough. I loved having the smell of fresh bread in my kitchen, yum! Now I just need to make some for myself.
What are your baking highlights from the holidays?
5 comments:
I love baking too, but I was amazed at how much baking I did not do this year! But I did do a bunch of crafts which was fun! Hope you guys had a fun Christmas and New Years.
I love the pictures :)
Mastering Grandma Jean's fudge! Third time's the charm. Love the pictures.
What a fun Christmas holiday we had!!! Thank you for posting these fun pictures. I would love copies of the gingerbread photos. I can't believe how old Emma looks in the photos.
Meg is such an awesome baker, who needs Martha Stewart?
What cute photos and fun memories! I enjoyed seeing them. I could almost smell and taste it all!
Post a Comment