Monday, July 26, 2010

Changed Practically Overnight

The old Andrew:

(A look inside his text book)

The new Andrew:

After taking the Boards on July 1st, Andrew went to work in the hospital for his first rotation, in Pediatrics, on July 6th. The above picture is what he left looking like. This next photo is how he came home:

(I had hot baked cookies waiting for him, but he seemed to be more interested in his new pager)

It seems like overnight he has changed from student to doctor. Not to mention the fact that yesterday he came home from his first 32-hour shift. That type of overnight will change anyone! He is on Q-4 for the next three weeks, which means every four days he works a 32-hour shift, comes home after lunch, and goes back the next day at 6am for a regular shift. It's been a bit of a challenge to figure things out, but this past week we have finally felt like we are getting settled into his rotations. This is a really exciting time for us, and, again, I am so glad to have the boards behind us. Go Andrew!

7 comments:

Emily said...

That is great! Tell Andrew congratulations from us! Isn't it typical for boys to be more interested in technology!

Anonymous said...

Wow!! Congrats to him! That's is awesome that he's getting into the whole dr mode.

Joel & Megan said...

Wow! What a busy guy with those 32 hour shifts. You must be a busy woman too chasing after miss emma all day, but all looks well. We are so Proud of you guys! Way to Go!!!

Great Grandma Carolyn said...

Andrew and Megan,
I am astounded that Andrew is so smart and Megan is so supportive! Andrew: YOU ROCK!!!!! It is good to know there is a genius in the family to save us from Dumbdome. Way to go, Congratulations guys!
Kolynn

Natalie said...

I have never been so happy to have something over with!!! Hooray for no more board study!

Carolyn said...

I love that you baked cookies for him on his first day of work. I want to be a super-wife like that!

Jessi said...

That is fantastic, Meg! The hardest part is soon passing and then you'll be used to the schedule and get your own groove. Fun to be back in touch!

Jessi (Durrant) Henrie