Saturday, September 18, 2010

Grocery Smarts Guessing

Last week, my friend hosted a "coupon class" about how to save money at the grocery store. I usually am skeptical about any "classes" that people host: you have to "invest" to save, or everything is free . . . except, yada yada. However, that is not the case with Grocery Smarts; I am now a convert! Using the free website and free printable coupons, I just went to the grocery store using said method, and came home with the following:


I know these aren't healthy cereals, but Andrew got to choose, and he can use all the sugar he can get, especially after working a 36-hour shift. (Plus, I know those Lucky Charms will be just the thing to "charm" Emma through church tomorrow with my friend, while I have to sit on the stand.) Next time, I plan on getting whole grain cereals, like Multi-grain Cheerios and Wheat Chex, which were available for essentially the same price.

Anyone who can guess how much I paid (plus or minus a quarter), taxes and all, is welcome to come collect a free box. Any guesses? Polls are open for 48 hours. :)

P.S. Is the thrill of wondering how little I paid getting to you? It is to me, and I know how much I paid!

4 comments:

Jessi said...

$5.49........

Will you teach me????

Amy said...

$6

I'm excited to find out the real price... and that you've started! So awesome.

Joel & Megan said...

That is so wonderful you are learning about using coupons. My cousin is teaching me. We recently got a great deal on Ragu spaghetti sauce, so we're stocked :P :P.

Now, I don't know if I'll be able to guess how much you paid but I am going to take a WILD guess and say.......hmmmm..... $2.50 :P

Carolyn said...

8 boxes? Well I know that they were on sale this week for $1.50 apiece at Smith's ... I could imagine you getting a coupon for 50-cents off and paying $8.00 for the bunch.

But while that seems good, it does't seem like something you would crow about so I'll guess ... $5.00?