Monday, November 15, 2010

Dang Jeana!

Emma is one-of-a-kind. This morning in the four o'clock hour when I pulled her out of bed to take Andrew to work, I set her on the couch to put a coat on her. She was probably groggy for, oh, about 20 seconds, until she realized we were going outside and said, "buh bye, park?" She pointed to Andrew: "dada," and, noting the decorative pillow on the couch: "fillow fight!" During the drive to the hospital, we drove through neighborhoods, and although she was rear-facing in a dark car, she picked out "punkin" from somebody's porch . . . at 30miles/hour at five in the morning!

Also, on Thursday, while Emma and I were out doing errands, I decided to get a donut for Andrew from Banbury Cross (Worlds BEST donuts) since I would be gone that evening when he got home. First, you must know, the last time I went to Banbury Cross was in August with my sister and her kids, and we had just come from Liberty Park. Emma was passed out in the stroller, so she wasn't even awake. Now, back to Thursday: I didn't say anything on the drive over there, and somehow, in the parking lot, Emma calls out: "bite, donut" in the most tender voice, as if saying "Please mommy, I would so appreciate a taste of the world's best donut right now."
A: How did she know that???!!! and,

B: Who can refuse such a cute petition?

2 comments:

Kate said...

Baby genius. Obviously. I can't wait to see Emma during Christmas.

Joel & Megan said...

Oh what a CUTIE!!! We can't wait to her and you guys soon!!!