One thing I love about Emma is her love for books. Since she was little, she has loved them so much. When she was a baby, we kept a basket on the floor for her with all the board books from the library:

Well, the other week when we had family staying with us, she moved into our room for a few nights. The last night, I heard her moving around when she should be sleeping. I went in to check and see if she was being naughty and getting into things. No, she said "I just want to look at Jesus," and she had her Gospel Art Book in her lap. Later, when I went in, I found her sleeping like this:
(She's hugging a finger rhymes book; the Gospel Art Book is at the bottom right)
The next night, back in her own bed, I also heard her playing in there. I went to check on her and she said: "No, Mommy! I don't want to go to bed, I just want to read my books." Who can argue with that? She fell asleep like this:

(Books pictured are "The Little Mouse, the Red Ripe Strawberry, and the BIG HUNGRY BEAR," Nursery Rhymes, "The Poky Little Puppy," "Rainbow Fish," and "I'm the Biggest Thing in the Ocean.")
I
adore my little book worm, and I'm so grateful my parents passed a love of reading on to me. The "BIG HUNGRY BEAR" book is one given to my by my parents for Christmas when I was only four years old, and the finger rhymes is one I did with them as a small child. Thank goodness for children's literature.
4 comments:
Oh my gosh, she's so cute!
I LOVE Emma!
That's so sweet! I like the picture of her sleeping with tons of books. How wonderful that she loves them so much (and can entertain herself in bed)!
CUTE CUTE CUTE!!! Alice has fallen asleep with books too and I LOVE IT!!!
Post a Comment