The last post announced the coming of "Baby Boy" as we so affectionately call him, and I had been holding out for that ultrasound forever because I was waiting to decide if I should paint the kids' room pink or yellow. Yellow it was:
Thanks to my AMAZING friends, Patrick and Patricia, I got the job done, the very first walls I've ever painted. It has been so fun for me to learn the tricks of the trade and to feel like the room is officially becoming a kid's room.
It has, however, been through the "transition phase" for nearly the entire summer. First we painted, then we took down the crib (which sat against the wall for weeks) and put up Emma's big girl bed (also a major painting project, and then some). The bed started with old bedding I used to sleep in when I was about four, but has since transitioned to have a nice blue quilt (pictured below). Now, if we can just get through applying to residency, then hopefully we'll get a dresser painted to move Emma's clothes into to make room for Baby Boy's stuff under the changing table, and, set up the crib again, now with the blue bedding, I think I'll finally feel settled. (Does it sound like I'm nesting???)
Here you can see Emma in her "big girl bed" with the blue quilt, yellow walls, and cream headboard, custom built by Daddy:
2 comments:
So so so so so so cute! I love the picture of Emma and Andrew. You painted walls!! I am so impressed! Was it hard? Do you recommend it? give the the details lady and way to go!
I LOVE the room and the quile, and especially the hungry caterpillar! We all miss you!
Post a Comment