After taking raw meat from James while he was trying to carry it into his room from the fridge, while holding the door shut on James crying, stomping and pounding refusing to go to sleep,
Emma: "Daddy, I know being a mommy or a daddy can be hard. Taking care of kids can be hard, and you guys do it a lot! It would be much easier with just a mommy and a daddy."
Andrew: "Yes, but we love kids, we love taking care of kids." (Hard to convince her given the circumstances :) )
Emma: "Well, there won't be kids around for very long! I'm turning 5 next year and I won't be a kid anymore."
Emma: "I think I know what I'm getting for Christmas: a dog, a computer, or an iPhone." :)
Shoot for the stars. :) What she's getting: a book.
James, after trying to guess a string of letters and getting them all wrong:
"James, what's this?"
"Letter!" With a big smile. :)
Emma, after Megan made numerous unsuccessful attempts to get James to correctly identify letters on a white board: "All right mom, I'll take it from here." Emma took the white board, pointed to a letter, and said "What's this, James?" James: "A 'B'!" Correct. :( Sister's touch I guess.
1 comment:
I love that Emma's list of what she thinks she is getting! Ha- she even skipped the wanting step. So cute!
Post a Comment