Thursday, October 8, 2009

Recent Adventures

Lately people have been asking me, "What have you been up to lately?" I don't know why this question seems to leave my mind blank. Maybe it's because a list of: practicing violin, doing laundry, tutoring, doing laundry, teaching, etc. doesn't sound interesting. Well, the truth is: my life IS interesting! And here are some pictures of the intereseting things I've been doing with Emma:

Last week admission to the Tracy Aviary was free, so Emma and I went with our friends Ethan and Michelle. Emma was quite attentive during the bird show, and perhaps she picked up on facts about barn owls; I found these quite interesting, too. Did you know that an owl can turn its head 300 degrees? Or that it has twice the neck vertebre of a human (14 vs. 7)? Well, it must have been too much for Emma, because she was out cold for the rest of our visit, except, of course, for the cute picture at the end.

Old McDonald had a farm . . . I don't know about that, but I know Old Man Wheeler did! :) For playgroup with the med wives yesterday, we visited Wheeler Farm. I wasn't sure if Emma would take interest, but she definately noticed a lot of the animals, including the goats, pigs, and chickens (which she wanted to feed her fingers to).

Check out this crazy, dirty pig! He was not your average Wilbur!

4 comments:

Shari said...

So fun to see your adventures with Emma. She is a lucky little girl. And very adorable. What great memories you are making.

Anne said...

Someday EJ should give Scotty a tutorial about Barn Owls . . . I love Wheeler Farm, there's always such a peaceful feeling there.

P.S. I actually think laundry's interesting--especially if you manage to get it done!

Joel & Megan said...

Oh that looks so fun!!! The pig is SO FUNNY and you and emma look so cute in that picture. I just love it!

Grandma Jean said...

YOU AND THE BABY LOOK SO CUT!