Monday, March 8, 2010

Faith is Like a Little Seed

On Thursday, I had an itch for seeds, so I made my way to the dollar store and purchased some, 4 for $1, in fact. Emma and I filled up pots with soil, and then planted our little seeds with hopes that they would grow. It's still too early to plant outside, but the back of my seed packets informed me that I could plant inside 6-8 weeks before all danger of frost will pass. I had my doubts, considering how cheap I got my seeds (cosmos, aster, snap dragons, and parley). In addition, the seeds are tiny. But, I had to satisfy my urge, so, I watered the little seeds with hopes that the dollar store would do me good.

Well, here's a picture I took last night, exactly 48 hours after planting:


And then again this morning:


Can you see those tiny sprouts? My heart leapt with joy. I am so thrilled by the possibilities contained within such tiny seeds. It was a wonderful reminder to me on a Sunday evening that faith is like a little seed, if planted, it will grow. Also, I thought of the hymn that states: "We are sowing, daily sowing." After seeing my little seeds grow so quickly, I cannot help but wonder what other seeds am I sowing? I can see little seeds grow within Emma as she blossoms day by day. I am sure there are similar seeds growing within myself as well. I am inspired by the miracle of a tiny seed and hope to plant the right kind of seeds in my own life and in my home, because, as the pictures show, little seeds will grow!

Now I am fantasizing of a balcony covered with beautiful flowers and the possibility of having fresh cut flowers of my very own making. What are you looking forward to with the onset of spring?

3 comments:

Kate said...

Bike rides down center street in sundresses. Can't wait.

Shari said...

I loved watching Emma eat cheese puffs!! She is sooo cute. Your seeds are very impressive. It is a miracle and a joy to watch them grow. I love you.

Joel & Megan said...

Oooo, I love it!!! Joel and I want to plant some seeds in our little pot outside. :)