In my quest to find ever-cheaper diapers (without resorting to cloth), I ordered some Pampers diapers off of amazon.com/mom a few weeks ago with a coupon, resulting in in a whopping 10 cents per diaper. Woo-hoo!! I was very eager when the box was delivered to my door (via free two-day shipping--yes, you really should get your diapers this way) to check out the new diapers, because I have never used Pampers before. Emma was there to witness this exciting exploration, and renamed the Pampers the "new diaper." They work great. There's just one problem: we still have somewhere between 50 and 100 "old" diapers, otherwise known as Huggies.
Every time we diaper Emma, she requests a "new diaper" and will refuse to wear anything different. Sometimes we can be sneaky, but if it's on during a nap, she ends up with a bare bottom by the time she wakes up, having discovered the "old diaper" in her nap. It gets even better (or worse) . . . when she realized they had characters on the new diapers, I sang her the Cookie Monster song, and now, she only wants the "Cookie Monster new diaper"!! We're learning to like Elmo and Big Bird, but as for the old diapers, we may have to get creative. I'm thinking they could become the new diaper once Pampers run out, but, she's quite the clever kid . . . . Never thought I'd have a hard time outsmarting a two year old!
4 comments:
Hey, I wouldn't say "resorting" to cloth; I love our cloth diapers! We get our disposables off Amazon too. (Jared refuses to use cloth.) Amazon is definitely the way to go!
That's hilarious. It's funny what becomes the Most Important things to kids. They definitely have their opinions about things :P
This is truly a great story! I am sure the old diaper, new diaper thing is driving you nuts...but it is sooo funny. Emma is such a smart girl. Looking forward to hearing the on going diapering soga. I do hope it gets better...for real...not worse.
that is soooo like kids! You should potty train her though, I trained the twins at 2 (only because that's when I discovered the method, it can really be done as early as 22 months) and although I would NEVER recommend the method to a set of twins (unless two parents are doing the training together), it is an excellent method for one child. It's the three day method by Lora Jensen. I'm going to post on the experience one of these days... oh, and I wish I hadn't waited till they were two, cuz they start getting really really emotional! anyway, no judgement here, just an idea to save on diaper costs, especially with a new baby coming! Congrats!
Post a Comment