Friday, May 13, 2011

Friday Fun

Every summer Andrew and I talk about all the fun things we would like to do in the area, and somehow, we don't really end up doing too much. So, I'm determined to have fun every Friday, what I'm calling "Friday Fun" (very witty, I know). My hopes are to visit a park or local spot each Friday, and have some fun, kind of like my own grown-up field trip.

Today, Emma and I started out by going to Liberty Park. They have FINALLY taken down the fence and cleaned up the Chevron oil spill that has blocked off the pond for eleven months. Emma and I spread out our picnic blanket, enjoyed the beautiful warm weather, and fed the ducks and geese. It was a blast!

I think this tradition will most likely be based around lunch and parks or canyons. Would you like to join me? I'd love to get a group together and spice things up with a barbecue. I'm thinking I'd like to try grilling something different every week, either at a park or canyon, or at least at my apartment complex where we can then enjoy the pool. It could be a potluck event, complete with friends and kids to play. Share your thoughts, I'd love to spread the fun!

2 comments:

Natalie said...

Count me in :)

Joel & Megan said...

That's a great idea. We'll have to hear all about your Fridays and get some ideas :P
Have fun!!!