Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Printer Referrals

So, I am fed up with my free Dell printer that keeps having problems, doesn't print, says my ink cartridges are improperly aligned (when I have not touched them in weeks), doesn't communicate with my computer, and is always telling me to refill my ink when I just did at Costco.

This means, I am in the market for a new printer. I would love your opinions.

Here are my needs: a printer that can copy, scan, and, of course print, which pretty much narrows my need down to an All-In-One (AIO) printer. I mostly use the black ink function on basic; I just want quality black and white, I don't care much for the photo-quality prints, just regular documents will float my boat. Also, I can't blow the budget on ink. Costco refills HP, Lexmark, Dell, and some Canon ink cartridges. I have been running out faster and faster of my ink, without printing more (except always "realigning cartridges" which it forces me to do, and equals a big waste). It doesn't have to be refilled at Costco, just needs the cheaper refill options. And, it must be reliable. With an at-home business, it is the worst thing to go to print something for a student, and be left up a stream without a paddle.

Preferable, I would like one where the paper feeds from a flat tray on the bottom, not one that stands up and feeds from the top; my daughter is so tempted by that, and it takes up more space.

SO, what have you liked? What have you hated? Also, where do you get the best deals on the ink? I've been browsing Amazon.com reading reviews, and I would love all the info you can share.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Call my mom. Good luck!