Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Ready

Two weeks ago, I felt super stressed to get ready for this baby. I made a list of a few things to do (nearly two dozen), such as,
  • pack my hospital bag
  • sew burp cloths
  • borrow my sister's bassinet
  • wash all baby clothes, blankets, etc. in baby detergent
  • pack a suitcase for Emma while I'm away
  • paint (and repaint) dresser for Emma
  • rearrange the kids' room
  • vacuum and wash the car
  • install car seats at Primary Children's Hospital
  • register with the hospital.
Well, I've done those few things. I've been to a few stores, such as Ikea, Walmart, Home Depot, Ross, DI, (and half a dozen others).

Now that those few things are accomplished, I am ready to have this baby!! Take a look:

This is our countdown chain for Baby Boy:


The kids' room:
Here's the dresser before (I found it on ksl classifieds):


And after much ado:


Changing table for Baby Boy:

Baby Boy's crib with the amazing quilt my mother made:


Emma's bed with my old college bed quilt (blue) and amazing quilt my mother made for her (pink):

It's so interesting to be worried about being ready for something that could have realistically happen by now, contrasted with the fact that it hasn't happened by now. Now I just need a Baby!! Any ideas of what I can do with my time while I wait (ever so patiently)?

5 comments:

Joel & Megan said...

I had a friend tell me to have something planned for the due date, just in case nothing has happened. Like have a pedicure scheduled or something :P Other than that I have no clue. Alice was four days late and it was tough trying to "wait patiently". I kept saying, "Hurry Up Baby!" :P Just hang in there, and try to keep yourself busy, which I'm sure with a twoyear old is no trouble at all. ;)

Emily said...

I love the room! I am sorry that I will have no suggestions to keep yourself busy...I am five months away and am having trouble! I do think that going to get a pedi sounds great though!

Shari said...

Everything looks so great. You have worked very hard!! I do think you should point out that Andrew did work on the dresser, also! It was truly a high point for him. (:

Mary Pugh said...

cutest room ever! I need your advice for my rooms!

Grandma Jean said...

The childrens room is adorable Your apartment is so wonderful. congratulions to all welcome to Baby James! He is beautiful!