Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Summer of Fun Part 3: Yellowstone and Montana

Our awesome friends Tyler and Michelle came up with a great plan for some fun this summer. They found an amazing cabin in Big Sky, Montana, and invited three other families to go with them to stay for a week and visit Yellowstone. Way back when (the end of June) we packed up our little car, and made the drive. (It was actually the day after we got back from the sand dunes, crazy!)

I filled a crate with books, Cars-themed Pez dispensers, a Cars coloring book, a giant magna doodle, and other items I supposed would serve as awesome secret weapons to keep Emma entertained for the six plus hours of the drive. She discovered just about every one within the first hour and a half, but luckily, she was still a stellar kid during the drive (phew!).

Just before 10am, we pulled off the freeway in Virginia, ID, and sure enough, there was a church meeting about to start, so we attended church there. I think I counted under 40 people total in the congregation. It was a fun small-town stop.


I should have taken more pictures of our awesome cabin, it had a hot tub, deck, upstairs common room, down stairs common room, and granite counter tops in the kitchen:


Norris Geyser Basin in Yellowstone:








All four families in the cabin found a great hiking trail (you may notice, that we all have matching tye dye shirts, that was a fun activity we did months prior)




I think this photo pretty much sums up how we felt at the end of the vacation; happy, but exhausted!!

No comments: