Friday, September 2, 2011

Submitted!!

September 1st, 2011. A day we've been anticipating for a very, very long time. The day to submit Andrew's application for residency. It has been the topic of, let's see: every dinner conversation, every bed-time discussion, every every discussion!!! Well, September 1st was yesterday, and we did it!

Here are some pics to capture the big moment:
Hold your breath, here we go:

One last look at everything:

There were several prompts to finalize the application, and this was the last one:

Submitted!!!

With all Andrew's focus on the application, we haven't had much time to think about the baby we're expecting. That might explain why we still don't have a name picked out for our baby. When people ask me, I look at them and think, "You mean, we're actually having a baby?!" Andrew has told me a handful of times in the past few weeks to rest up and take care that the baby doesn't come for a little while longer. The night before submission, I had several braxton hicks contractions, I guess this little guy is going to be a tease! Also, this week, we finally set up the crib, and Andrew looked at it and said: "Gosh! We're really going to have a baby, huh?" Now that we've submitted the application, I think we can remember that there will be a baby here in no time. :)

I'm so grateful that Andrew has worked so hard preparing for a great career that will bless our family. I'm also grateful to the many people who have helped us along the road, giving information on locations, programs, writing edits, etc. We are very blessed. Now cross your fingers and pray that we get some invitations to interview!

1 comment:

Joel & Megan said...

YAY! We're excited to hear the next steps. Can't wait for your baby boy to come. Alice & Mace are excited to meet their first boy cousin.