Monday, November 19, 2012

Counting My Blessings Day 16

I am thankful for the Book of Mormon and the way in which the spirit can teach countless lessons through the same verses. Yesterday's gospel doctrine lesson was on studying and pondering the scriptures as Jesus taught in 3 Nephi 22, 23 & 26. I have been focusing on the teaching qualities of the Savior, and, as a personal progress goal, noting the divine qualities of the Savior as recorded in the Book of Mormon. Well, yesterday, I read 3 Nephi 26:14 which says "And it came to pass that he did teach and minister unto the children." A marvelous thing He did was teach children, and minister to them. For the first time, I thought of ministering in light of the way I attend to the needs of my children. As I do so, with love and care, and teach them correct principles, I, too, can be like the Savior. I am grateful for this lesson that came to me while studying from the Book of Mormon.

No comments: