Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Counting My Blessings

I don't know about you, but I can't believe we're in November! Where has twenty twelve gone? Well, the highlight of the month is Thanksgiving for sure, and I've decided to count my blessings each day leading up to it. If you'd like to comment your thanks each day too, I'd love to hear it. You'll notice that I've started a little late, but that's no reason to keep me from being thankful, so here goes:

November 1st: I am SO thankful to have a nice, reliable car that can take me and the kids to and from the places we need to go in safety and comfort. SUCH a blessing that I hoped for for years, and now I finally have it! :) James is now forward-facing in the car seat, and every time I do a right head-check, he thinks I'm just looking at him, and he grins from ear to ear. It's adorable!

November 2nd: I am thankful for the temple and the privilege to attend the historic Salt Lake temple. I am grateful to be able to shut out the world for a few moments and be instructed by the spirit and know that my Heavenly Father hears and answers my prayers.

November 3rd: I am thankful for my Saturday morning step class. I have never been so excited to get up and out the door on Saturday mornings as I am now. Gotta love Suzette and all her pep! "Give me corner, corner knees!!" :)

November 4th: It didn't take long for me to realize the blessings my Heavenly Father has in store for me in my new calling as first counselor for the young women. I LOVE it! The women with callings that I work with, and the young women all bring such great enlightenment to my soul. I so look forward to going to that third hour of church. I am SO thankful for this opportunity. I know that this calling came from God and was the right thing for me, though initally it seemed like a challenge to accept at the time.

November 5th: I am blessed to have my sister Mary on bed rest with twins. I have ached for years to live by her, and just recently, she has moved to Utah. Her being on bed rest has been such a great blessing and opportunity for me to take advantage of having her close by. Today, and every Monday, I get to go to her beautiful home and help her out, though she always seems to help me more. I inevitably go home with something, such as Halloween costumes, hand-me-down clothes, and, lots of great ideas and love. One great idea this week was a cute turkey FHE activity. She cut with me as we made our turkeys and feathers. Each feather has something we are grateful for written on it, and an activity to celebrate that. I love you, Mary!

November 6th: I am thankful for the beauties of the earth. I have little purple pansies, along with blue and yellow ones, too, and looking out the window at them standing tall and blooming amidst the cold brings great joy and warmth to my heart. Best part of my day.

Today: What a privilege it is to spend my days with my darling daughter. Emma has been so dear of late, saying things that encourage me, like, you're the best Mom, and giving me a big squeeze. She is also an avid artist, painting volumes a day. She inspires me with her joy and enthusiasm. Today we painted toenails together on the balcony. I just ate it up as she painted well beyond her nail, practically covering half the toe! :) So cute to have a little girl around.

2 comments:

Mary Pugh said...

You are wonderful! I am excited to read all your "gratitudes"

Shari said...

I love these thankful posts! Very thoughtful. You must have planted pansies in your window boxes. Great idea. So happy you enjoy your new car. You are wonderful. I love you
Mom